1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
Yes. I also close my eyes in enclosed water slides.
3. When’s the last time you’ve been sledding?
This past winter, three cheers for being a mom.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
If it's above 78 degrees, get the hell away from me.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
I lived in the same house from age 13 to 18, and sometimes at night I'd be lying in bed and I'd hear cat feet walking on my carpet. We did have a cat, but she stayed on the first floor most of the time -- and she was never there if I sat up to look. I chalked it up to teenage hormones until my mom told me that one night, when I was in college, she slept in my room because theirs was being painted. She was lying in my bed, on her back, and she felt cat-sized feet walking around her, like cats do when they're psyching themselves up to walk all around your head and annoy you. There was nothing there.
Am I saying I believe in cat ghosts? Man, I wish I wasn't. But there it is.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
I think I am more analytical than creative. It depresses me regularly.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Sure, why not?
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Honestly, if I never saw either of them again it would be too soon. But that's not an option, is it? I want to give Aniston props for Office Space, but Jolie's catalogue is more interesting overall -- and I really disliked Friends, anyway....oh hell. I sweep them both off the table, bang it with my shoe for extra emphasis, and shout "MONICA BELLUCCI!"
9. Do you stay friends with your ex’s?
When you've been with the same person for as long as I have, "ex's" takes on a slightly different definition. And my answer is, as a result, no.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. I prefer watching it to playing it, though.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
My personal best is 36.
12. What’s your favorite commercial?
13. What are you allergic to?
Pet dander, tree pollen, and probably mold.
14. If you’re driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
No, because I'm always the last person to see the patrol car.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Yes, and I think it's a pretty good one if you know the entire story.
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
This is sort of like Q8. But I've never publicly professed to loathing the Sox, so....
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
I've walked on a skating rink without skates on, but I don't think that counts.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Once or twice a week. Since they really do seem to be the maintenance staff emptying my mental wastebasket, I don't pay them much mind most of the time.
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Talking to my sister about my old enough to know better daughter absentmindedly shoving these up her nose last week, and having to help her get them out. We found a press release and edited it a little:
"Tweens look for unique snack options that can travel in their faces throughout their busy day," said Jenny Enochson, senior director of marketing communications, Kellogg Company. "Gripz provide kids with the freedom to have a great-tasting, convenient snack anytime, anywhere. Even up their noses!"
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
A Day in the Life, Mother Nature's Son, Lovely Rita, Paperback Writer, Yesterday.
21. What’s the one thing on your mind now?
After this, I've promised to play a round of War with my daughter. I've been playing War with her all week. I'm really thinking about teaching her how to play poker, just to break up this monotony.
22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass barbie is?
In the age of Google, it's really dumb to waste a question on something like this. I suggest this one be changed to "22. Have you ever shoved a Gripz up your nose? If so, which flavor?"
23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes. Me not buckling up would be like an unrestrained grand piano getting flung around the car.
24. What cell service do you use?
T to tha'Mo!
25. Do you like Sushi?
Yes. I will even eat mediocre sushi.
26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
Yes. Looking over all of the responses to this meme, isn't it a little disconcerting how many people say "yes" to this question?
27. What do you wear to bed?
Most of the time, a t-shirt and underwear.
28. Been caught stealing?
29. What shoe size do you have?
Women's 9.5 - 10.
30. Do you truly hate anyone?
Sadly, yes. One person. And it's not the person who's going to read this and think I'm referring to her, either. That person needs to get over herself.
31. Classic Rock or Rap?
Usually, the former. But again, it's context. Would I rather listen to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young or Run DMC? I have to flip it. You understand.
32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
I'm not crazy about this question, mostly because I keep imagining some sort of high end department store that would cater to this. (I've always wanted Johnny Depp, but Skeet Ulrich looks just like him and costs a lot less!)
So, yeah. Johnny Depp.
33. Favorite Song?
"History" - The Verve.
34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?
No. I hate looking at myself in the mirror, much less while in motion.
35. What food do you find disgusting?
Hard boiled eggs.
36. Do you sing in the shower?
No, I prefer to sing in the car. I trick myself into thinking it looks like I have a speakerphone, but let's face it...someone with a 1998 Saturn probably does not have a speakerphone.
37. Did you ever play, “I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours”?
I am as far away from an exhibitionist as one can get without being a modest clothing crusader.
38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Less and less as I get older. Either I make better friends or I'm less evil. Maybe both.
39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Probably. I think this happens to anyone who has a temper.
40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Yes. No, it has nothing to do with Q15.